Expert task force recommend glucosamine and chondroitin
A group of leading international experts (ESCEO) says in a new report that glucosamine sulfate in a pharmaceutical grade is safe and effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and that it can be recommended as a basic treatment of this disorder. Also chondroitin is recommended.
The new expert report provides guidelines for physicians treating patients with osteoarthritis based on the latest research published in recognized scientific journals. The aim is to optimize treatment and to build consensus among doctors about these guidelines.
The new guidelines
These guidelines include providing detailed information to the patient about the disease and its treatment. There is also information about the benefits of losing weight if the patient is overweight, about the benefits of an exercise program, possibly tai chi, by staying active and about the use of pads and insoles, aqua therapy, acupuncture and TENS (electrical nerve stimulation on the skin).
Glucosamine only in pharmaceutical quality
As for the pharmacological treatment of osteoarthritis the expert group recommends glucosamine sulfate in pharmaceutical quality as a safe and sound basis treatmant for pain and joint function in osteoarthritis as it has proven to be superior to placebo. Treatment with glucosamine sulfate did not result in more side effects than those seen in persons who have been given inactive placebo treatment, which in practice makes treatment with glucosamine almost free from side effects.
The expert group does not, however, recommend glucosamine hydrochloride, as they refer to research that has shown no beneficial effect from this type of glucosamine.
Chondroitin also beneficial
Chrondroitin may offer similar benefits on joint structure changes in patients with mild to moderate osteoarthritis. Data has been published that shows chondroitin sulfate to reduce joint structural chances with a symptomatic effect which could be clinically relevant. Also with regard to chondroitin the Panel emphasizes only to use preparations of a high quality.
ESCEO stands for the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis. It is a non-profit organization engaged in advising physicians and provide them with the latest clinical research in bone, joint and muscle disorders.
How to become slim for summer
Are you dreaming about keeping your figure during summer? Then remember that it is you who must create the result. There is no miracle cure, but if you really have decided to make the effort, there are a number of things that can make the cure easier.
1. Eat less. Thus you reduce your daily calorie intake so that the body should start using its energy stores of carbohydrates and fats
2. Eat more but smaller meals. This way you will be less likely to overeat and gain less desire for sweets. You get a smooth, high resting metabolic rate and better combustion
3. Cut down on fat and eat more protein, whole grains and vegetables. Fat provides the body with much more calories than the equivalent amount of carbohydrates. Protein is the most most satiating
4. Eat more fiber. They fill the stomach without having a nutritional value since they can not be absorbed into the body. The mission is to increase satiety
5. Drop the empty calories. When you fancy cakes and sweets, then replace them with fruit, carrots or other healthy snacks
6. Get more exercise. You must have a higher energy consumption compared to your energy intake. You can do this by moving around more in order for your body to increase its combustion. Get out on a daily walk or jogging, take the stairs and make gardening a part of your exercise plan
7. Keep the blood sugar under control. Your blood sugar is affected by your diet and exercise habits, and you can also do something to keep your blood sugar at a normal level. ChromoPrecise is the only effective chromium yeast product in Europe for the maintenance of a normal blood sugar level.
Blood sugar control
Blood sugar is the term for the amount of sugar in the blood. When you consume a meal, the blood sugar level will often be close to 7 mmol/L, and when you 're hungry, it will be about 3 mmol/L. This is the normal blood sugar levels. So it is only natural that there is an increase of blood sugar after a meal. Digestion converts the carbohydrates in our food into a sugar called glucose, which is then carried with the blood around the body. The substance insulin ensures that glucose can be transported into the cells of the body, where it becomes fuel for our energy production.
The substance Chromium is part of this process and can help to keep your blood sugar at a normal level. ChromoPrecise has undergone an assessment by the EU Commission on Food Safety, EFSA. Here ChromoPrecise is assessed to be a very safe chromium source with an absorbability that is up to 10 times higher than other chromium compounds, such as chromium picolinate or Chromium chloride.
There are some good reasons for palm oil being one of the most commonly used oils in food supplements. Palm oil has a neutral taste, it is oxidatively stable and without trans fat. Pharma Nord's palm oil consists of 38% saturated fatty acids and 62% unsaturated fatty acids, and the amount of saturated fatty acids does not affect the cholesterol balance negatively.
There has been criticism of saturated fat for many years. Although this criticism has diminished in recent years due to the fact that leading scientists have gained a renewed understanding of saturated fat that it may also be important for our health, many are still concerned about saturated fat. However, everything is a question of quantity. The following comparison sets the amount of saturated fat in a Bio-Quinone capsule in perspective.
A capsule with Bio-Quinone Q10 contains 400 mg of oil, of which approx. 150 mg is saturated fatty acids. By comparison, you get the same amount of saturated fat by just eating 5 grams of chicken.
Approved, environmentally friendly and sustainable production
The advantage of palm oil is its high content of antioxidants, which, together with the saturated fat content ensures a stable oil that is less likely to become rancid. This means that products with palm oil can remain healthy until the sell-by date a few years after production. Pharma Nord uses unhardened palm oil that does not contain trans fats.
The oil is produced under the World Wildlife Fund 's guidelines and the palm trees are grown on approved agricultural land, that protects nature and the environment, taking into account any indigenous people so that their lifestyle is not disturbed.