The Documented Anti-Aging Combo
- The key to Longevity: prevents telomere degradation*1
- Anti-aging effect on a cellular level with multiple health benefits1
- Bio-SelenoQ10 was developed in the wake of the groundbreaking KiSel-10 clinical study2
- The product contains Pharma Nord's original CoQ10 and Selenium preparations that were used in these studies
- More than 15 years of research proves the health benefits of this combination
* compared to placebo
We introduced Autoship at PharmaNord, which can save you money and time. Sounds interesting?
Documented health benefits
The KiSel-10 Study
The large Swedish Clinical Trial, named KiSel-101, showed how seniors can improve their quality of life and health through a 4-year-long trial. The study results were published in 2013 in The International Journal of Cardiology. 443 healthy seniors were divided into two groups. The experiment group was administered 2 x 100µg SelenoPrecise® and 2 x 100 mg of Pharma Nord's CoQ10, and the control group was administered placebos. After 4 years, researchers were able to show a statistically significant difference between the two groups. The group that received the selenium CoQ10 combo achieved a significant 54% reduction in the risk of dying from heart disease. Moreover, the data showed significantly lower levels of a known biomarker for heart disease, and the echocardiograms of the study participants receiving the active treatment showed significantly better heart function.
In 2022, a follow-up study documented an anti-aging effect of this supplement.
The Telomere Attrition substudy
In 2022, the researchers examined blood samples from the participants back in week 42 of the KiSel-10 study. The researchers measured the length of the ends of the chromosomes, called telomeres, on the white blood cells. These are representative of the telomere length of the entire body's telomeres, and the length of the telomeres is also a method for assessing the body's biological age.
The substudy showed significantly less shortening of the telomeres and a reduced incidence of cardiovascular mortality in the participants who had received SelenoPrecise and CoQ10 compared to the group who had received inactive placebo supplements. The effect was seen in both men and women.
Long-term supplementation of Bio-SelenoQ10 thus shows:
Improved Cardiovascular Health
Under updating with 2022 research data
A number of scientific sub-studies of the KiSel-10 study clarified many of the biological mechanisms that the combined supplementation of selenium and Q10 proved to benefit. At headline level, it is about:
- Reduced fibrosis
- Improved endothelial functions
The likely conclusion is that it is the combination of the above effects that resulted in reduced cardiovascular mortality, improved heart function, and improved health-related quality of life.
The Selenium used in Bio-SelenoQ10
SelenoPrecise is a patented* selenium yeast containing selenomethionine and more than 30 different organic selenium species. It has been developed for the sake of emulating the diversity of selenium types found in a varied diet. For SelenoPrecise, we can document that 88.7% of the selenium content is absorbed in the body. This widely used selenium yeast is highly reproducible and therefore ideal for scientific research due to the need for a reliable and homogenous outcome. SelenoPrecise is documented in over 40 scientific studies (published).
*EP Patent No. 1 478 732 B1 (European Patent)
The CoQ10 used in Bio-SelenoQ10
Pharma Nord has spent more than 25 years developing and optimizing Coenzyme Q10 for the sole purpose of producing a CoQ10 preparation that scientifically can document superior bio-availability and quality. A long range of clinical studies have demonstrated that the softgels from Pharma Nord in which the CoQ10 is dissolved in vegetable oil using a patented preheating technique and encapsulated in soft gelatin capsules away from light gives a higher bio-availability than other formulations.
Softgels with a unique oil
Also you cannot compare the soybean oil used in Pharma Nords Q10 with soybean oil used in cooking. The oil is control analyzed for the content of estrogen at an external laboratory and is completely free of estrogen and estrogen-like substances. The oil is only partially hydrognated. A minor part of the oil has to be hydrogenated in order for the oil to reach a certain viscosity. Only then can we achieve the best absorption in the body of the Q10 content.
These targeted efforts are the reason why Pharma Nord's CoQ10 today is the most sold CoQ10-brand in Europe and is the CoQ10 preparation that is officially used in international CoQ10 research represented by the International Coenzyme Q10 Association (ICQA).
- Opstad TB, Alexander J, Aaseth JO, Larsson A, Seljeflot I, Alehagen U.Selenium and Coenzyme Q10 Intervention Prevents telomere Attrition, with Association to Reduced cardiovascular Mortality- Substudy of a randomized Clinical trial. Nutrients 2022;14(16):3346.
- Alehagen U, Johansson P, Björnstedt M, Rosén A, Dahlström U. “Cardiovascular mortality and N-terminal-proBNP reduced after combined selenium and Coenzyme Q10 supplementation”: a 5-year prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens. "Int J Cardiol. 2013 Sep 1;167(5):1860-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2012.04.156. Epub 2012 May 23.
- Alehagen U, Aaseth J, Johansson P. Less increase of copeptin and MR-proADM due to intervention with selenium and coenzyme Q10 combined: Results from a 4-year prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens. Biofactors. 2015;41:443-52.
- Alehagen U, Aaseth J, Alexander J, Svensson E. Less fibrosis in elderly subjects supplemented with selenium and coenzyme Q10: A mechanism behind reduced cardiovascular mortality? Biofactors. 2018;44:137-147.
- Alehagen U, Alexander J, Aaseth J, Larsson A. Decrease in inflammatory biomarker concentration by intervention with selenium and coenzyme Q10: a subanalysis of osteopontin, osteoprotergerin, TNFr1, TNFr2 and TWEAK. J Inflamm (Lond). 2019;16:5.
PubMed Study Links
Bio-Quinone Active CoQ10 Gold has been in more than 100 clinical trials, 75 of which are human clinical trials and 25 being Gold Standard clinical trials. Below are some of the more recent clinical trial statistics from the US National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.